Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how it is used. If you do not agree with these practices, your choice is not to use our Site.
Our Site does not target and is not intended for children under the age of 13.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We also collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details through automatic data collection technologies (such as cookies and web beacons). We use automatically collected information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to improving our Site, personalizing your use of the Site, analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use our services:
Information you provide directly to us. For certain activities, such as when you register, use our telemedicine services, subscribe to our alerts, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance; and
- Any other information you provide to us.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Information we collect automatically We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information. We may also collect certain location information when you use our Services, such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve our Services, including the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs while using our Services. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. This data may include parts of a document you were using when a problem occurred, or the contents of your communications. By using the Services, you are consenting to the collection of this technical data.
Information we obtain from your health care providers and other sources In connection with your treatment, we may collect medical records from your past, current, and future health care providers. This may include information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, laboratory and pathology test results and reports, social histories, any family history of illness, and records about phone calls and emails related to your illness.
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. We may combine our first-party data, such as your email address or name, with third-party data from other sources and use this to contact you (e.g. through direct mail). For example, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to login to the Services or to share information about your experience on the Services with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
- Personal information.
- Data about your online activities over time and across different sites.
- Cookie identifiers.
- Your IP address.
This data may be used by such third parties to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
III. OPTING OUT OF TARGETED ADVERTISING
You can opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers at www.aboutads.info/consumers . Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see advertising that is not tailored to your specific interests and activities. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) on the NAI website.
IV. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to:
- Provide and improve our services;
- Contact you;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information;
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- Notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
V. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect:
- Healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related entities. We may share your information with other health care providers, laboratories, government agencies, insurance companies, medical examiners or funeral directors, and other entities relevant to providing you with treatment options and support.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers.We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct-mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting), performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research partners.We may share your information with our research partners to conduct health-related research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of UrgentPoint, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
VI. OPTING OUT OF MARKETING
You can unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional emails from us by following the specific instructions in the email you receive or by notifying us via the appropriate method below. It may take up to 30 days to process your request.
VII. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail using the information listed under Contact Us below.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your data. Requests to delete Personal Information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations. To access and/or correct information, you can do so online or notify using the contact information provided under the Contact Us heading below.
UrgentPoint will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
VIII. THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create accounts that allow access to our Services.
XII. CONTACT US